Welcome to Rugged Data, a service provided by Nuffield Technologies Limited. References to “Rugged Data”, “we”, “our”, “us” in this policy is to Nuffield Technologies Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 04619513. References to “you” or “your” in this policy is to you as an individual, business, your employees, team members or your users.
If at any time you are concerned or have questions about how we might be handling your data, please reach out to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
We may change this policy from time to time but the most recent version will always be found on this page.
DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROCESSOR RESPONSIBILITIES
We will collect, store, use and disclose Personal Data in accordance with all applicable laws relating to the protection of Personal Data, including the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the EU ePrivacy Directive 2002/58/EC as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC, as amended or superseded from time to time, and any national implementing legislation (“Data Protection Laws”).
For the purpose of Data Protection Laws, in relation to any Personal Data you or any Users submit to our platform, you will be the data controller and we will be a data processor of such Personal Data.
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY OBTAIN FROM YOU
When you use the Platform, in particular if you have an account with us, you may provide us with “Personal Data”. Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We may obtain and use the following Personal Data about you and anyone you choose to add to our Platform:
- Data you or your users provide when enquiring or registering to become a user of the Platform when you fill out forms on our Website including your Name and Contact information..
- Other information or correspondence relevant to your customer enquiries.
- Data and information you or your Users submit or upload to the Platform.
- Platform usage data
- Responses to optional research surveys
- Details of your visits to our website
You will be submitting and providing Task Data to the Platform which may contain Personal Data (and potentially Sensitive Personal Data of Users and third parties. “Sensitive Personal Data” means any data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, data concerning health, data concerning sex life or sexual orientation and data concerning the commission or alleged commission of any offence.
You agree to indemnify us in accordance with Clause 14 of the EULA for any claims made by any Users arising from any unauthorised access or accidental loss, damage, corruption or disclosure of Task Data arising from or in connection with your and/ or our use or disclosure of Task Data.
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our Website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website and Service. They include, for example, cookies that enable you or your Users to log into the secure areas of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using is. This helps us helps us to improve the Website structure, design, content and functions.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, remember your preferences and test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website and the pages you have visited, or links you have followed.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data we obtain from you and your Users (including, without limitation, Task Data) may be moved to and stored at a destination within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Staff members operating within the EEA who work for or on behalf of us may process this information. Such staff members, among other things, may be involved in the processing of payment details, the provision of support services and the delivery of your requests.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that the Personal Data we may obtain from you may be processed by our Service Providers based in countries outside of the EEA. Such countries may not have laws offering the same level of protection for Personal Data as those inside the EEA; however where such transfers of data occur, we will take steps to prevent the transfer of Personal Data without adequate safeguards being put in place and will ensure that your and your Users’ Personal Data collected in the EEA and transferred internationally is afforded the same level of protection as it would be inside the EEA. For further information on, or a copy of, the adequate safeguards adopted by us for the international transfer of Personal Data, please email [email protected]
We store the Personal Data you and your Users provide us with on our secure services. In the event of us giving you or your Users (of you/their choosing) a password which grants you/them access to specific areas within our Website or Service, it remains you/their responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of this password. This includes the responsibility to refrain from sharing your password with other parties.
As the transmission of data via the Internet cannot be assumed completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any of your data transmitted to our Website; you are therefore responsible for any risk associated with such transmission. We will however at all times take all reasonable steps to ensure the transmission of your data is executed as securely as possible, and upon receipt of your/their data we will continue at all times to enforce strict security procedures and features in an attempt to prevent any unauthorised access.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable steps to maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your Personal Data.
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Collecting this data helps us to provide a better experience for our users and customers, enabling us to improve our offering and services.
Specifically, we may use data to:
- provide you and your users the Platform including administration and management of your account
- to notify you of any updates or changes to the Platform;
- authorising payments and/or send you a bill;
- to improve the products and services we provide;
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
- to carry out our obligations under any contacts entered into between you and us when processing your order(s) (including without limitation the EULA)
- to customise the website for you and ensure that it is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device;
- to contact you via email, telephone or mail
- To allow you to upload, store and access Task Data
- To enable Users to access certain aspects of Rugged Data and limited Task Data pertinent to themselves.
We shall be entitled to use your personal information to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to contact you in this way you can “opt out” by emailing us at any time at [email protected]
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Disclosure of your and your users Personal Data to third parties will only occur in any of the following events:
- We sell or purchase any business or assets. In such case, we may authorise the disclosure of your personal data to prospective sellers or buyers of such business or assets.
- All or the substantial majority of our assets are sold to a third party. In such case, your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Website.
- We are required to disclose your personal data in order to fulfil any legal obligation, to enforce our EULA, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention or credit risk reduction.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may also disclose Personal Data (including, without limitation, Task Data) with: (i) our service providers involved in the provision, distribution, delivery and support of the Service, including the storage of any Task Data; (ii) fraud prevention agencies; (iii) law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and public authorities; and (iv) emergency services.
Our service providers have to follow our express instructions when processing the Personal Data you or your Users provide and must have in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard such Personal Data, and we do not allow them to use this information for their own commercial purposes.
The Platform has numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security seriously and will use our reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
If you register or are registered for an account with us, you may be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and not share it with anyone else. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under that password. If you believe that your password has been disclosed please contact us as [email protected] . If we believe that there is a breach of security we may temporarily suspend your account, or ask you to change your password, until the account has been satisfactorily secured.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website contains links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.ruggeddata.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
All trademarks and logos on this site are the property of their respective owners.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your Personal Data free of charge at any time by writing to us at Nuffield Technologies Limited, The Old Bank, 42 High Street, Poole, BH15 1BT or by emailing [email protected] or by any form or email address on the Contact / Get in Touch section of our website.
If a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
CONTROLLING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If at any time we intend to use your data for such marketing purposes, it is standard practice for us to make you aware in advance of collecting such data. When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see a tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Write to us at: Marketing Director. Nuffield Technologies Limited, The Old Bank, 42 High Street, Poole, BH15 1BT
We will keep you and your Users’ personal data for the duration of any Services that we provide you with and in accordance with your instructions or such periods as may be required by law.
You may also lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner should you be dissatisfied with the way we handle your data.
If at any time we make a change to this policy, we will update this page to reflect such change. Where we feel it appropriate, we will notify you by email, however we recommend you review this page periodically to ensure you remain happy with the latest version.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND GETTING IN TOUCH